Garden & Floral Arrangers Guild
GARDEN AND FLORAL ARRANGERS GUILD
The Guild on the Go!
Photo: Left to Right: Dana Lopez, Peggy Karsick, Marilyn Hafermalz, Barbara Spriggs, Pat Clayes
BOARD MEETINGS: Usually the first Thursday of the month at Plymouth Village in Redlands -- but see Calendar of Events below for special programs, flower shows and more!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
Fiscal Year July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016
- September 26, 2015 -- “Growing Herbs, Annuals and More in your Garden” with Carrie-Anne Parker, Exceptional Urban Grower and Owner of Rolling Hills Herbs & Annuals,10:00 am to noon, Lower level of the Lodge at Plymouth Village 945 Salem Dr., Redlands
There is no charge for this outstanding program and everyone is welcome. This is a program for every urban gardener. Come learn about micro-greens, herbs, sugar snap peas, Persian carrots, Magenta Chard, tomatoes, stone fruit, peppers, melons, flowers and much more from Carrie-Anne. Flyer.
Saturday October 24, 2015 - 10:00 am - noon -- Fabulous Fall Décor Highlighting Pumpkins, Gourds & More at Plymouth Village ‘Pavilion in the Park’ in Redlands. The Park is located at the intersection of Salem Drive and Priscilla Way. Take Salem Drive off Highland Avenue and follow the signs. There is no charge for this Fall Design program and everyone is welcome. Guild Founding member and Top Award Winning Floral Arranger Nina Hansen will be sharing her many design talents and her fascination with “All Things Fall” at this timely and instructive demonstration of multi-faceted Fall Home and More Décor. The “Art” of floral arranging is very ancient. The Dutch, French, English and other Europeans as well as the Japanese and Chinese have practiced this “Art” for thousands of years. Today, seasonal floral arranging is a very popular and creative ‘artistic’ endeavor. Original, seasonal embellishments for the home are one of Nina’s true passions. Come meet Nina and learn first-hand her unique techniques for the fall season. You might even go home with one! Flyer.
- Saturday, November 7, 2015 -- “America the Beautiful” -- NGC Patriotic Standard Flower Show -- Show Schedule
Historic Kendall Place, Plymouth Village Campus, 120 East Palm Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373
GARDEN AND FLORAL EXHIBITION / INSTRUCTIONAL SEMINARS / HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS / SILENT AUCTION TREASURES / OPPORTUNITY DRAWINGS / UNIQUE ARTISTS / VENDORS /“WHITE ELEPHANT” FINDS / FUN PROGRAMS FOR KIDS / BUBBLE BONANZA / PLUS GOODIES & MORE. There is NO FEE TO ENTER an Exhibit in this Show. ENTRIES ACCEPTED: Friday 5:00 to 7:15 pm & Saturday 7:00 to 8:15 am. FLOWER SHOW and EVENTS OPEN: Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
TICKETS (Donation): Adults $5.00 / Veterans (Our honored guests) Free / Children (12 & under) Free
General Chairmen: Karen LeBlanc / Marilyn Hafermalz (909-792-7378 / 909-794-6293)
Horticulture Consultant: Melody Funk (909-792-8475)
Design Consultant/Reservations: Beverly Brett (909-425-1152 or email@example.com)
Saturday, March 5, 2016 -- "Spring Awakening" Small Standard Flower Show and Annual Spring Garden Festival in the Inland Empire. Show Schedule. Sponsor: Palms to Pines Distict. 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Lawrence Hutton Community Center, 660 Colton Avenue, Colton, CA 92324. FREE admission.
- Saturday, May 14, 2016 -- "It's a Small World" Standard Flower Show and Fairy Garden Festival. Historic Kendall Place, Plymouth Village Campus, 120 E. Palm Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373. Open to the Public: 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. Admission: $5.00 for adults (donation) and free to children 12 and under. Also included: Fairy Garden Adventures; Educational Seminars; Hands-On Workshops; Silent Auction; Opportunity Drawing; Unique Artists/Vendors; Lady Bug Release; Bubble Bonanza; plus goodies and more. General Chairman: Karen LeBlanc (909 792 7378); Horticulture Consultant: Gloria Aminian (661 900 4747); Design Consultant/Reservations: Beverly Brett (909 425 1152).
- June 10-12, 2016 – LA International Fern Show, Los Angeles Arboretum*
- June 13, 2016 – “Designs for Our Vets” for Flag Day to be held at Plymouth Village, 7:00 pm. Delivery of Designs to the Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center in Loma Linda on June 14.
Fiscal Year July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017
- July/August 2016 – Dark
- September 24, 2016 – Flower Frog Frenzie Program at Plymouth Village, Lower Level by NGC Master Flower Show Judge Pat Clayes
- October 21-23, 2016 – International Orchid Show at The Huntington, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino*
- November 14, 2016 -- AVSA African Violet Show/Sale -- 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Friendship Hall, 1000 Roosevelt Road, Redlands*
- November 25, 2016 – December 3, 2016 -- Seasonal Decorating at two historic houses in Redlands
- TBA January 2017 -- “All about House Plants.” In recognition of National House Plant Appreciation Day - Date, location and time TBA. In the meantime, see: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/houseplant-appreciation-day/
- March 2, 2017 -- “Hug a GI Day” -- Make Floral Arrangements for our Vets in the Lodge at Plymouth Village for “Hug a GI Day”
- March 4, 2017-- Palms to Pines District Flower Show. Colton, CA -- 10 am to 4 pm* See Palms to Pines District website for more information.
- March 18-19, 2017 -- International Clivia Show, Huntington Library/Botanic Gardens, San Marino*
- May 6, 2017 -- Garden and Floral Arrangers Guild's SPRING FLOWER SHOW and FAIRY GARDEN FESTIVAL. NGC Standard Flower Show, Fairy Garden Hands-On Workshop, Fairy Garden Adventures, Seminars, Unique Artists and Vendors, Silent Auctions, Opportunity Drawings, ‘Lucky Lady Bug Release,’ Bubble Bonanza and more. Historic Kendall Place, 120 East Palm Avenue, Redlands. Schedule and more information to be provided as soon as possible.
- TBA June 2017 -- Los Angeles International Fern Society Show & Sale, Los Angeles Arboretum, Arcadia*
- TBA Fall 2017 -- Garden and Floral Arrangers Guild's FALL TABLE-SETTING FLOWER SHOW, plus seminars. Historic Kendall House, Redlands, CA. Schedule and more information to be provided as soon as possible.
*Guild Members to assist and participate
- Dues: Send dues to: Garden and Floral Arrangers Guild, P.O. Box 7742, Redlands, CA 92375, and make your checks payable to "Garden and Floral Arrangers Guild."
To contact the Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org