Join California Garden Clubs, Inc. (CGCI)
Mission Statement: California Garden Clubs, Inc. promotes gardening, floral design, civic beautification,
environmental responsibility and the exchange of information and ideas.
Find the closest club by Zip Code:
- Enter your zip code in the box below and hit "Go."
- A new page will appear with the names of the clubs within 100 miles of your zip code.
your club zip code or update
your existing listing.
to find out how your club can join CGCI.
Benefits of Membership for
- Membership in National Garden clubs, Inc. (NGC) is included ($.50 of the $2.25 CGCI dues per capita) making your members part of the largest volunteer gardening organization in the world with over 5,700 clubs and more than 188,000 members.
- Lucrative Awards programs are sponsored by NGC, Pacific Region and CGCI.
- Liability Insurance program as well as Directors and Officers Insurance is available to qualifying clubs.
- Group Tax Exemption Program is available to qualifying clubs
- Educational opportunities –
- Environmental Studies – A series of four courses focusing awareness and an understanding of the environment and the promotion of environmental literacy.
- Flower Show Schools – A series of four courses which include the study of horticulture, floral design and flower show procedure. Those taking these courses may become Flower Show Judges.
- Gardening Study – A series of four courses designed to stimulate an interest in horticulture and to further the art of gardening.
- Landscape Design – A series of four courses to promote awareness and the understanding of the theories and principles of landscape design.
- Discounts available upon presentation of a CGCI membership card at Participating Sponsors (nurseries and garden centers) and at Participating Arboreta and Botanic Gardens located throughout California.
- website hosting on the CGCI Website.
- Access to CGCI’s website calendar for posting of club events and promoting your club’s activities.
- permanent e-mail address is available to every club through CGCI’s website and is automatically routed to your club’s e-mail contact.
- membership promotional materials and educational materials.
- online publication, Golden Gardens eNews, for all members who wish to subscribe.
- Long Service Certificates available to honor members of long service
- Zip Code Club Finder program and referrals from NGC website inquiries.
- Program resources are available through CGCI Chairmen.
- Networking opportunities with fellow gardeners are “priceless” as we share these common goals:
- To create and promote interest in horticulture, gardening, floral and landscape design
- To encourage and engage in civic beautification and the improvement of roadsides
- To aid in protecting California’s native plants, wildlife and natural beauty
- To promote and participate in projects and programs that conserve our natural resources
- To centralize and coordinate the work of individual garden clubs (district and state levels)
These are just a few of the many benefits of membership in CGCI and NGC.
Benefits of Membership for Individuals
Garden Clubs are great places to meet people, have FUN, learn new things and "give back" to your community. besides the obvious advantages, there are other reasons to join California Garden Clubs, Inc.. that you not have thought of. Consider the following....
Networking with people in your own community and throughout the state to share ideas and knowledge about gardening, landscape design, floral design, environmental safety, conservation, improving our communities, helping our youth and so much more.
The educational opportunities are incredible and fairly inexpensive The following NGC schools are sponsored by CGCI:
- Environmental Study - A series of four courses aimed at furthering awareness and an understanding of the environment and the promotion of environmental literacy.
- Flower Show Schools - A series of four courses which include the study of horticulture, floral design and flower show procedure. Those taking these courses may become a Flower Show Judge.
- Gardening Study - A series of four courses designed to stimulate an interest in horticulture and to further the art of gardening.
- Landscape Design - A series of four courses to promote awareness and the understanding of the theories and principles of landscape design.
Discounts are now available upon presentation of CGCI’s membership card at Participating Sponsors (nurseries and garden centers) located through out California.