LIABILITY INSURANCE Forms
Forms in pdf format require Adobe Reader to open
Click here to download the latest (FREE) version of Adobe Reader
For those forms in Word format
Click here to download the latest (FREE) version of Word Reader
The forms can be completed electronically, saved and printed
Due date is January 15 of each year.
An additional $20 fee is due when the insurance payment is received after January 15.
Make checks payable to CGCI Insurance Fund and mail to the Liability Insurance Chairman.
Forms MUST be completed in full.
CGCI MASTER LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY
- Liability Insurance Plan is an option available to CGCI clubs and associate plant societies only.
- Affiliates are not eligible.
- Membership dues to CGCI must be current for a club or society to be eligible to purchase the insurance.
- Insurance coverage is an additional fee, separate from membership dues.
- This insurance provides protection for the insured club, and those who volunteer on behalf of the insured club, for their legal responsibility for bodily injury or property damage to others due to an occurrence while they are volunteering (including legal costs and claims settlements).
- Normal activities include flower shows and sales, meetings and regularly scheduled conventions.
- If you are unsure if an activity is covered, contact the Liability Insurance Chairman.
- When meetings or events are held at a home or commercial venue the respective owner has primary liability.
- This exposure may be added to the CGCI insurance by purchase of an Additional Insured Certificate.
- There is a "per occurrence" limit of $1,000,000 and a $2,000,000 aggregate limit shared by all the insured CGCI Clubs.
- The Liability Insurance coverage is not available to clubs or societies that own real estate or have primary use of, or responsibility, for gardens.
- A new club or associate plant society may be added to the CGCI policy at the time it joins CGCI without a late fee assessment.
- The charge for insurance for a full year will be charged to new and returning clubs even though their coverage may be less than one year.
- There is no pro-ration of amount charged for insurance.
- Insured clubs will receive a Certificate of Insurance for the insured year shortly after the first of March, which runs from February 15 to February 15 of the following year.
- The Liability Insurance Chairman will notify clubs when payments are due.
- if your club has not received this notice by November 15, contact the Insurance Chairman, giving your club’s name and mailing address, and a replacement notice will be sent.
Additional Insured Certificates
- may be purchased for a garden tour. Filll out only one application form.
- On the eighth line, the Type of Event is "Garden Tour;"
- On the tenth line, the Building or Event Location is "Various;"
- Three quarters of the way down, after "REQUIRED!!! CERTIFICATE HOLDER NAME & ADDRESS," write "See attached list."
- On another sheet of paper, list all names, addresses and telephone numbers of the gardens on the tour.
- Make sure the addresses are correct, especially zip codes.
- If the certificate is returned to the insurance broker by the U.S. Post Office because of an incorrect address, you will be charged another $20 to have the certificate rewritten.
- Incorrect addresses for the location of an event must be corrected. Federal law requires that all insured persons or entities be notified, even if the event has already occurred.