Honoring those who contribute
Contributions are made in many ways. Talent, time and effort are invaluable gifts. California Garden Clubs, Inc. greatly appreciates the contributions of individuals, business and groups who share our objectives and help support our goals, so CGCI has developed many different methods to say "Thank You" "Well Done!" and "We Appreciate Your Efforts." The links below give some explanation. If you find that CGCI is missing a good way to thank someone, please let us know.
- Honor Book ~ Honoring your members
- The Honor Book records contributions made in recognition of outstanding service or as a memorial.
- Honorees (or their families) will receive an appropriate card and an acknowledgement card will be sent to the donor
- The Honor Book also funds the following awards - Smokey Bear/Woodsy Owl Poster Contest, Lifetime Service Award and the Community Impact Award.
- Member Award of Distinction
- An opportunity for garden clubs and districts to honor members.
- Upon application and submission of the award fee of $50.00 (checks made payable to "CGCI"), the club or district will receive a certificate and pin, suitable for presentation to the honoree.
- Proceeds benefit the CGCI Educational Publications Fund.
- Life Memberships: Life memberships may be purchased as an honorarium, or individuals may purchase their own. These donations support the scholarship program in each organization and are fully tax deductible, except for NGC which is partly deductible.
- Life Membership Forms
- Certificates honoring long term service and dedication:
- Long Term Service Certificates - (20+years) for Club Anniversaries or individual long-time Members
- Service Certificates - Less than 20 years
- in Adobe Acrobat “pdf” format, you can download, printout, fill-in and present!
- Choose which size of certificate you want to download - two per page or full size. You can print the certificates on parchment paper purchased at any office supply store. Then, just fill in the blanks (either on your computer or with handwritten calligraphy or fancy printing) with the members name, number of years of service, garden club and your club president's signature and date.
Click here for half page certificate.
Click here for full page certificate
CGCI Helps Clubs Thank Their Commercial Supporters
Information about the annual awards for Lifetime Achievement, Gardener of the Year, Floral Designer of the Year, Youth Activities Coordinator, Awards of Meritand more can be found in the CGCI Awards Manual.