The Calendar of Events is a free member service listing for
To submit an event click here
- April 26: Southern California Garden Club "Mardi Gras," Standard Flower Show
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Admission: $0
- Sepulveda Garden Center, 16633 Magnolia Blvd., Encino. Brief description: Standard Flower Show - horticulture, design and educational exhibits. Plant sale, white elephant sales, baked goods sale.
- Information: Rita Desilets, Chairman, 4Rita@roadrunner.com, 818-781-4537
- Website: socalgardenclub.org
- April 26: Ramona Garden Club Garden Tour & Plant Sale
- Tickets $20. Ramona Library 1276 Main,Ramona
- Information: Jane Vidal (760) 789-1910
- website: http://www.ramonagardenclub.com/
- April 26: 14th Annual Folsom Garden Club Tour, "Gardens of Folsom"
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Admission: $15.00. Tickets available at Garden #1, 101 Hollyann Dr. Folsom, CA 95630. The self-guided tour will showcase a grouping of lovely gardens, including drought tolerant solutions. Master Gardeners will be available to answer questions. Two popular features, the plant sale and bake sale, return this year. Tickets are $15.00 for attendees 16 and over and include a map and description of each garden location. The tour will be held “Rain or Shine” with no refunds. The Folsom Garden Club is celebrating its 80th anniversary this year. The Club is a nonprofit organization with a mission of providing programs of an educational nature that benefit the public. The 2014 Garden Tour is the major fundraising event for the club. It is held to raise funds to fulfill this mission by awarding scholarships and grants. Funds raised at past garden tours, beginning in 2001, have made it possible to award twenty-five scholarships totaling $26,000.
- Last year, in addition to scholarships, the Club offered a new grant program. The Club awarded two grants, totaling $2,500, to local elementary schools for maintenance and expansion of their school garden projects.
- Information: Adrienne Coolidge, email@example.com, 916-221-2457
- Website: www.folsomgarden.org
- April 26: Sutter Buttes Garden Club Best Ever Plant Sale
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds, Flower Building. Sutter Buttes GC has joined with the local High Schools to offer locally grown plants, gardening tips fro Master Gardeners and a Bake Sale to top it off!
- Information: Barbara Denney, President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-671-4630,
- Website: www.californiagardenclubs.com/
- April 26-27: Redlands Horticulture & Improvement Society Garden Tour & Plant Sale
- Information: Redlands Garden Tour
- May 1- 4 NGC Convention, Norman, Oklahoma
- May 2-4: CHIRP for Garden Wildlife, Inc., Sage & Songbirds 17th Annual Garden Tour
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm each day
- Admission: $20
- 5 private home gardens in Alpine plus 2 bonus sites -- Sky Hunters Raptor Rehabilitation Facility and a Place of Worship habitat. Spectacular water features, sensational succulents, sprawling natives, a lush but low-water jungle, and a veggie garden that could feed an army...just some of what will be found on this year’s tour. All 5 gardens on tour are owner-designed, and this is the debut showing of each site. (None have ever before been featured on this or any other garden tour.)
- Information: Maureen Austin, email@example.com, 619-445-8352
- Website: www.chirp.org
- May 3: La Ballona Valley Bromeliad Society Show and Sale
- 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Admission: $0.00
- Veterans Memorial Auditorium, 4117 Overland Ave. (at Culver Blvd.), Culver City, CA 90230. The La Ballona Valley Bromeliad Society presents its Annual Show and Sale on Saturday and Sunday, May 3 and 4, 2014. Show hours: 12:00 -- 5:00 on Saturday, 10:00 -- 3:30 on Sunday. Sales hours: 10:00 -- 5:00 on Saturday, 10:00 -- 3:30 on Sunday. New to bromeliads? Learn more about these fascinating and beautiful plants at the lecture and culture demo at 2:00 on both days. Free admission and parking.
- Information: Don Misumi, firstname.lastname@example.org, (323)294-9839
- Website: http://www.bsi.org/webpages/lb
- May 3: Laguna Beach Garden Club GATE & GARDEN TOUR OF CRESCENT BAY
- 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Admission: $45.00
- Event Check-In/Registration: Arabella Laguna, 506 N. Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach
- This year's Gate & Garden Tour offers the unsurpassed scenery of historic Crescent Bay as well a rare peek into its secluded gardens which range from traditional charmers, to stylish modern retreats, to the enviable grounds of a chateau. Self-guided walking tour with map and brochure. Round-trip shuttles between Registration and garden tour. Valet Parking available for additional fee. Refreshments Served. Club Members in the gardens and along route to answer any questions. Note: Not handicap accessible or suitable for young children.
- Price: $45 in advance; $50 on tour day. For details on tour and ticket purchase, visit our website: www.lagunabeachgardenclub.org.
- Information: Nancy Englund, email@example.com, 949/497-9086
- Website: www.lagunabeachgardenclub.org
- May 3 Landscape Design School Refresher, Host: Colfax Garden Club; Chairman: Ingrid Elsel
- May 3: Temecula Valley Garden Club 28TH Standard Flower Show "THINGS REMEMBERED"
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Temecula Community Recreation Center(CRC) 30875 Rancho Vista Road, Temecula, CA 92592
Join us this spring for our TVGC Flower Show! Our theme is: "THINGS REMEMBERED" so come and enjoy some of the nostalgic moments of the gardens of yesterday!
We are proud of our Youth & Educational divisions as well as the strong Horticultural and Floral Designs. Our Garden Festival Plant Sale has something for everyone.
- May 3: San Jose Garden Club Annual Plant Sale
May 3-4: Vista Garden Club, "Jazz It Up" Flower Show
Saturday: 2:00-5:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
Jim Porter Recreation Center, Brengle Terrace Park, 1200 Vale Terrace, Vista, CA
Vista Garden Club's 80th annual flower show and plant sale, held over a 2-day weekend in May. We have approximately 250 visitors to the show, and typically about 90 entries in horticulture and design.
Information: Cheryl Cannou, firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 5: Palomar District Floral Design Forum
- $12/session - NGC/CGCI members; $15 - non-members)
- 12:30 pm
- Shinoda Design Center, 7170 Miramar Road, San Diego
- Gudrun Kimmel, NGC Master Judge - table artistry
- Information: Lynne Batchelor, email@example.com
- May 10 Pleasant Hill Garden Study Club Annual Plant Sale
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Admission: $0.00
- Winslow center Parking lot at the corner of Taylor Blvd and Pleasant Hill Roads in Pleasant Hill, CA Drought tolerant plants, vegetables and herbs will be the main focus of the sale. Special features include succulent dish gardens and table-top color bowls to add that splash of greenery and color. We also have our "Garden Shed" of gently used garden accessories and decor.
- Information: Debra Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org, (925) 586-6984
- Website: www.PHGSC.com
- May 11: Roseville Better Gardens Club Plant Sale
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Maidu Community Center, 1550 Maidu Drive, Roseville CA. This is a fantastic way to buy member-grown plants at reasonable prices. Plants include vegetable and herb starts, drought tolerant and native plants, and garden whimsies. We will also have a "gifts to go" table too!!!
- Information: Diane Dillard, email@example.com, 916-988-3850
- Website: http://californiagardenclubs.c
- May 14: Bonita Valley Garden Club "$ave Water" Garden Tour
- May 17: Pinole Garden Club Annual Plant Sale
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Pinole Farmers Market - Old Town Pinole, San Pablo Ave & Tennant Street. Pinole Garden Club's Annual Plant Sale includes annuals and perennials to fulfill all your garden needs:
- pepper varieties, heirloom tomatoes, sunflowers, beans, zucchini, eggplant, squash, and various flowers and succulents by the score! Join us for fun in the garden with all these home-grown organic veggies and flowers ready to plant in your garden.
- Information: Joyce Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510.758.2309
- Website: Pinole Garden Club
- May 17: San Diego Floral Association Annual Historic Garden Tour - Canyon Rims and Valley Views Gardens of University Heights
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Tour maps, tickets, will call, garden market place,Old Trolley Barn Park, 1998 Adams Avenue
- Tickets on sale from March 15 - $20 in advance || $25 day of event
- Tickets at local plant nurseries and online at sdfloral.org
- May 31-June 1 Tuolumne County Garden Club, 22nd Annual Plant, Rummage & Bake Sal
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Mono Village Center, 14691 Mono Way, Hwy. 108, East Sonora, Ca. 95370
- The Tuolumne County Garden Club will hold it's 22 Annual Plant, Rummage & Bake Sale with proceeds supporting two scholarships given every year to promising students in Tuolumne County.
- Information: Liana Shulver, email@example.com, 209-586-0275
- June 5-8 CGCI Convention, Glendale Hilton, Host: San Fernando Valley District
- June 6 & 9 Tri-refresher: Glendale Hilton, Host: California Consultants Council; Chairman: Julie West; Registrar: Robin Pokorski
- June 7-8: Paradise Garden Club Inc. Water-Wise Gardening Expo
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Admission: $10
- Terry Ashe Recreation Center, 6626 Skyway Rd, Paradise, CA 95969
- PGCI has put on an annual Paradise Garden Tour since 1992. In response to the most significant drought in 50 years, though, this year we're doing something different: a Water-Wise Gardening Expo. The Expo will offer free demos and booths offering how-to info and drought gardening resources. A ticket gets you additional all-day access to indoor lectures on water-wise gardening tips, tricks, and best practices. We'll have a benefit drawing for dozens of classy prizes (including many charming miniature "gardens under glass" that use little water). Some of Paradise’s most experienced and informed gardeners will be on hand to answer your local gardening questions and to connect you to further resources. Free refreshments; for more substantial fare plan a visit to any of Paradise's enjoyable restaurants. See our website for more info!
- Information: Anne Barrett, firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 828-1658
- Website: paradisegardenclub.org
- July 1 - 3 Pacific Region Convention, Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
- July 9 - 11 Flower Show School, Course III, Diablo Foothills District Co-Chairman Victoria Lucido and Dolores Moffat
- July 12-13: The Doug Frost Begonia Society of Stanton, CA 4th Annual Doug Frost Begonia Show & Sale
- 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Admission: $3.00,
- Sherman Library and Gardens, 2647 E. Coast Hwy., Corona del Mar, CA,
- This is the 4th annual Begonia Show and Sale of the Doug Frost Branch of the American Begonia Society. The show will be held in the beautiful garden of Sherman Gardens in Corona del Mar. We are located in Orange County. All begonia growers are invited to enter their begonias. There will be many begonias for sale.
- Information: Bobbie West, email@example.com
- Website: www.begonias.org
- July 26-27 The 50th Annual Fern and Exotic Plant Show and Sale - Los Angeles Fern Society
- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Los Angeles County Arboretum, 301 N. Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA (1/2 mile south of 210 freeway)
- Information: www.laifs.org
- August 3-5 Flower Show School Symposium, Holiday Inn, Auburn; Chairman: Mary Arakelian
- August 7-8 Environmental Studies School, Series 6, Course I, Riviera Garden Club, South Coast Botanic Garden; Chairman: Geneva Martin, Registrar: Marybeth Muir
- September 3 - 5 CGCI Fall Board Meeting, Host: Cascade District. Chairman: Anne Capes and Carolyn Hoyum
- September 25 - 27 NGC Fall Board, Des Moines, Iowa
- October 4-14 "Colors of Fall Cruise" - New York to Quebec; CGCI fundraiser
- October 23 - 24 Landscape Design School, Series 26, Course I, Luther Burbank District, Chairman: Mary Ann Swanson
- November 13-14 Environmental Studies School, Series 6, Course II, Riviera Garden Club, South Coast Botanic Garden; Chairman: Geneva Martin, Registrar: Marybeth Muir
- December 13 Chico Horticultural Society Annual Holiday Greens Workshop
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Admission: $18.00
- Trinity United Methodist Church, 285 E. 5th Street, Chico, CA 95926. Come and learn how to make a fresh holiday decoration! Our floral experts will provide instructions and a variety of fresh-cut evergreens, berries, pine cones, wreath forms, ribbons, flowers, candles, etc., for your use. Please bring your own gloves, clippers, and wire cutters. Cost is $18 to make one centerpiece, swag, or wreath. Start a fun tradition and invite your family and friends!
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org; 530-345-4824
- January 23-25 Flower Show School Symposium, Bakersfield; Chairman: Mary Arakelian
- February 2 - 5 CGCI Winter Board, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center Fresno, Host: Sequoia Foothills District, Co-Chairman, Diane Lane and Carley Metcalf
- February 11 - 13 Flower Show School, Course IV, Diablo Foothills District Co-Chairman Victoria Lucido and Dolores Moffat
- February 19-20 Environmental Studies School, Series 6, Course III, Riviera Garden Club, South Coast Botanic Garden; Chairman: Geneva Martin, Registrar: Marybeth Muir
- April 23 - 24 Landscape Design School, Series 26, Course II, Luther Burbank District, Chairman: Mary Ann Swanson
- April 30-May 1 Environmental Studies School, Series 6, Course IV, Riviera Garden Club, South Coast Botanic Garden; Chairman: Geneva Martin, Registrar: Marybeth Muir
- May 14 - 17 NGC Convention, Louisville, KT
- June 8-12 CGCI 84th Convention Host: Golden Foothills District, Co-Chairmen: Myrtle Findley and Joan Craig
- October 22 - 23 Landscape Design School, Series 26, Course III, Luther Burbank District, Chairman: Mary Ann Swanson
- April 28 - 29 Landscape Design School, Series 26, Course IV, Luther Burbank District, Chairman: Mary Ann Swanson