Carlsbad Garden Club
Welcome to the website of the Carlsbad Garden Club, a CGCI Blue Ribbon Club
We are Members of the
- National Garden Club (NGC),
- Pacific Region,
- California Garden Clubs, Inc. (CGCI),
- Palomar District and the
- Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation (AHLF).
Our History: In 1932, some Members of the Carlsbad Women’s Club broke away and founded the Carlsbad Garden Club. We range in age, sex, background, ability to garden and the size of our gardens, but we can all come together and enjoy each other’s company based on our common passion: gardening.
- We meet monthly from August to June as a Club with a combination of programs: speakers, field trips, fund raising activities, Annual Garden Tour, Carlsbad Community and Palomar District events. Club Meetings are held on the first Fridays from 1-3PM. Unless indicated on our Program schedule, we meet in the Gowland Room in the Dove Library, 1775 Dove Lane (off El Camino Real), Carlsbad, CA.
- We also have a Discovery Group that meets every month at member’s gardens or goes on field trips for more specific gardening interests. Discovery Meetings are held on the third Tuesdays at 1PM unless noted in Schedule
- We have a commitment to volunteer as needed at the Discovery Center of the AHLF,
- and to participate for 2 months each year in the Petals for Patriots (P4P). As part of a group of 5 North County Garden Clubs, we bring floral arrangements and a fruit basket every month on a rotating basis.
- In conclusion, we are a small (50 Members) therefore quite personal, active Garden Club open to new ideas and new Members. Join us and become part of our proud history!
Our purpose as a Garden Club is
- To stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening among amateurs,
- To aid in the protection of native plants, trees and birds,
- And, to aid and encourage civic planting and beautification.
Our dues are $30 a year.