Palms to Pines District
Palms to Pines District
of California Garden Clubs, Inc.
Member of Pacific Region, National Garden Clubs, Inc.
1462 Members - 14 Clubs - 1 Affiliate - 1 Youth Group
The geographical boundaries of the Palms to Pines District: Western San Bernardino and
Western Riverside Counties to northern and eastern boundaries of San Bernardino National Forest area.
Upcoming District Meetings:
January 24, 2017 -- 11:00 am, Metropolitan Community Church, 32150 Candlewood Drive, Cathedral City CA. Host: Coachella Valley Plumeria Society. Nominating Committee to make its report. Speaker: Mernell Wong, President of the Coachella Valley Plumeria Society. Program: Plumeria - history, propagation and culture in Southern California.
March 4, 2017 -- Garden Festival and Spring Flower Show. Chairman: Ron Lang. Open to the Public: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Lawrence Hutton Community Center, 660 Colton Avenue, Colton, CA. District Flower Show in conjunction with a flower festival with lectures, vendors, etc.
March 28, 2017 -- Annual Meeting - Election of Officers. 11:00 am, Farmhouse Restaurant, 6261 Joshua Palmer Way, Banning, CA. Report on CGCI Winter Board Meeting by District Director. Program: "Aquaponic Gardening" by Baffrey Bentley, Pres. of Alternative Gardening Club and Owner of Bentley Water Gardens.
June 20, 2017 -- "Fun in the Sun" District Potluck Picnic and Meeting. 10:30 am to 2:00 pm. Deep Canyon Tennis Club Clubhouse, 73-120 Frank Feltrop Circle, Palm Desert, CA. Program: CGCI Convention Report and Awards Presentation by District Director and installation of new officers.
- "A" Garden Club of Big Bear Valley - President: Vicky Roney
- Alternative Gardening Club - President: Baffrey Bentley
- Calimesa Community Garden - President: Willie Hill - website: www.calimesacommunitygarden.org
- Coachella Valley Plumeria Society - President: Mernell Wong
- Desert Horticultural Society of the Coachella Valley - Acting President: Paul Ortega - website: www.deserthorticulturalsociety.org
- Garden and Floral Arrangers Guild - President: Marilyn Hafermalz - website: http://californiagardenclubs.com/gardenfloralarrangersguild
- Gates Cactus & Succulent Society - President: Phuc Huynh - website: www.gatescss.org
- Idyllwild Garden Club - President: Antoinette Berthelotte
- Inland Empire Master Gardeners Club - President: Linda Thacker
- Redlands Horticultural and Improvement Society - President: Chris Sedmack
- Riverside Community Flower Show Association, Inc. - President: Debbra Euston - website: www.riversideflowershow.org
- Riverside-San Bernardino Counties Orchid Society - President: Tom Gibbs
- San Gorgonio Garden Club - President: Linda Fogler
- The Palms Garden Club - President: Pat Clinton
- Rim of the World Interpretative Association ("ROWIA") - President: Gloria Anderson
- Idyllwild School Garden Club. Sponsor: Idyllwild Garden Club
Assistant Director: Linda Fogler
Recording Secretary: Carolyn Daniels
Corresponding Secretary: Linda Lang
Treasurer: Julie McCarthy
Parliamentarian: Ron Lang
Blue Star Memorials: Francie Spears
Garden Festival & Flower Show: Ron Lang
Newsletter: Brenda Bentley
Nominating Committee: TBA
NGC Schools: Pat Clayes
Webmaster: Baffrey Bentley with Pat Clayes
Yearbook: Pat Clayes
Youth Activities Chairman: Brenda Bentley